You are here
Understanding Healthy Eating
- Nutrition (MedlinePlus)
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- How to Understand & Use the Nutrition Facts Label (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
- My Plate (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Nutrition: Tips for Improving Your Health (FamilyDoctor.org)
- Current Food & Nutrition News (HealthDay)
Mobile Apps & Tools
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy.
You can get answers to your food safety questions anywhere. Free. Android, mobile website.
This app lets you calculate your body mass index, a measure of body fat based on height and weight. Free. iOS, mobile website.
My Food-A-Pedia is a mobile tool that provides consumers quick access to nutrition information for over 1,000 foods. Free. Mobile website.
Support Groups & Forums
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.