You are here
Policies & Disclaimers
All personal user information will remain confidential and will never be sold or otherwise shared or communicated to any individual or company.
NC Health Info makes every effort to ensure that the information available on our Web site is accessible to all. If you use special adaptive equipment to access the Web and encounter problems when using our site, please let us know. Be sure to include in your message, along with a description of the problem, the URL of the page where you encountered the problem.
The information provided in this Web site is offered for general informational and referral purposes only; it is not offered as and does not constitute medical advice. In no way are any of the materials presented meant to be a substitute for professional medical care or attention by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such.
You should not act or rely upon any of the resources and information available in or from this Web site without seeking the advice of a physician or other healthcare provider.
Specific medical advice cannot be provided by the staff of NC Health Info. You are urged to consult with a qualified physician for diagnosis and for answers to your personal questions.
Links to other sites
Inclusion on NC Health Info does not indicate or imply approval of the entire contents of a site. NC Health Info does not endorse or recommend any products, providers, programs, or services. NC Health Info does not accept or host any advertisement.
NC Health Info contains links to many other health Web sites, each of which is first reviewed and evaluated according to NC Health Info's content guidelines. These guidelines are as follows:
- Links on NC Health Info must provide accurate, science-based information.
- Noncommercial sites are strongly preferred over commercial sites whenever available.
- Sites inclusive of commercial information are eligible for inclusion only when the content is independent of advertising. A page including advertising will be selected only if its content is unique and unbiased.
- The primary purpose of the Web page is educational and not to sell a product or service. Content is available at no charge.
- The content must current.
- Links must be reliable and relevant.
The resources to which NC Health Info links are maintained by other parties, and NC Health Info has no control over the content, timeliness, or availability of these sites. NC Health Info is not responsible for the content and performance of these sites or for your transactions with them. Inclusion of links to such Web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web sites or any association with their operators.