As we get older, our bodies and minds change. As Americans are living longer than ever before, and more seniors are leading active lives, it becomes even more important to stay healthy.
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias (North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services)
- Assisted Living Comparison Experts (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
- Duke Family Support Program
- Project C.A.R.E (North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services)
- Seniors Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) (NC Department of Insurance)
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy. For tips on selecting additional apps for exercise and physical activity, please review this tipsheet.
Resources selected by Linda Johnsen, Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill,
Last reviewed January 28, 2019