Falls are normally not a serious health problem. However, they are more dangerous for seniors since aging causes bones to weaken and break more easily. Being physically active to maintain strong bones and muscles, and getting regular check-ups to address any health issues, can help prevent falls.
Understanding Falls Prevention
- Falls (MedlinePlus)
- Falls Prevention (Health in Aging)
- Falls and Fractures in Older Adults: Causes and Prevention (National Institute on Aging)
- Fall Safety: Take Steps to Remain Independent Longer (National Safety Council/NSC)
- STEADI—Older Adult Fall Prevention – Patient and Caregiver Resources (CDC)
- Preventing Falls: Tips for Older Adults & Caregivers (National Council on Aging)
Tutorials & Videos
North Carolina Resources
Resources selected by Barbara Renner, Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill.
Last reviewed January 10, 2023