Exercise and physical fitness is important to maintain good health. Regular exercise helps you control your weight and blood pressure, it also lowers your risk for some cancers and can even boost your mood.
- Exercise & Physical Fitness (MedlinePlus)
- Get Active (Healthfinder.gov) [Easy-to-Read]
- Physical Activity Basics (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Guide to Physical Activity (National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute)
- Staying Active at Any Size (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy. Tips on selecting additional apps for exercise and physical activity.
Use your phone’s GPS to track your fitness activities. Free. iOS, Android.
Track your food and exercise with this app. Free. iOS, Android.
Resources selected by Jamie Conklin, Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill,
Last reviewed July 17, 2020