You are here
Understanding Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (MedlinePlus)
- NIH Senior Health: Prostate Cancer (National Institutes of Health)
- Prostate Cancer - Basic Information (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Prostate Cancer Overview (American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- What Is Prostate Cancer? (American Cancer Society)
- Current Prostate Cancer News (HealthDay)
Mobile Apps & Tools
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy.
This app provides easy-to-understand information about prostate cancer written by patients., including facts about symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments. Paid ($3.18). iOS, Android.
The Cancer Guide lets you track symptoms, appointments, and treatments, and it provides information about cancer treatment and survivorship. Free. iOS.
The National Cancer Institute's mobile site provides topic areas to search and contact information for the NCI. Freely available in English and Spanish.
Support Groups & Forums
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.