You are here
Herbs & Supplements
Understanding Herbs & Supplements
- Dietary Supplements (MedlinePlus)
- Herbs and Supplements (MedlinePlus)
- Herbal Medicine (MedlinePlus)
- Dietary Supplements: What You Need to Know (National Institutes of Health)
- Herbal Products and Supplements (American Academy of Family Physicians)
- National Council Against Health Fraud
- Natural Standard: The Authority on Integrative Medicine (Natural Standard)
Tutorials & Videos
Mobile Apps & Tools
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy.
This free app lets you track the vitamins, minerals, herbs, and other products you take. Includes access to science-based, reliable information on dietary supplements. Available in Spanish. Free. Mobile webite.
This app provides comprehensive, objective information about herbs, botanicals, supplements, complementary therapies, and more from experts. Free. iOS, mobile website.
Herbs at a Glance is a series of brief fact sheets that provides basic information about specific herbs or botanicals—common names, what the science says, potential side effects and cautions, and resources for more information. Each fact sheet can be downloaded as a single PDF, or you can download all entries as an eBook. Free.