There are certain things you can do to be more prepared for a potential disaster. Use these resources to learn concrete ways to minimize the impact of a disaster if you were to be affected by one.
- Disaster Preparation and Recovery (MedlinePlus)
- DHHS Family Disaster Plan (NC Department of Health and Human Services)
- Health and Safety Concerns for All Disasters (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Personal Preparedness for Older Adults & Their Caregivers (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Ready.gov (Department of Homeland Security)
Mobile apps and tools can give you easy-to-use information and resources. These can help you stay healthy and safe during a disaster.
The tools on this page give mobile device users access to Web-based content, including iOS (iPhone and iPad), Android, Blackberry, and mobile-friendly websites. Free.
The ReadyNC app is an all-in-one tool for emergency preparedness. iOS, Android. Free.
The Red Cross has mobile apps for specific types of disasters, such as hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes and more. Free and paid apps.
Resources selected by Mendy Ozan, Consumer Health Librarian, Levine Cancer Institute.
Last reviewed July 16, 2019