- Advance Directives (MedlinePlus)
- Advance Care Planning (UNC Health Care)
- Advance Health Care Directive Registry (NC Department of the Secretary of State)
- Caregivers (MedlinePlus)
- End of Life Issues (MedlinePlus)
- End of Life Resources (NC Medical Society)
- Patient Safety (MedlinePlus)
- Patient’s Bill of Rights (American Cancer Society)
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy.
This app allows you to safely store social security numbers, insurance information, prescriptions, and a current medications list. You can also share contacts with a spouse, sibling, and others that need access during an emergency. Free. iOS, Android.
This app allows you to store and share important health care wishes. In an emergency, you’ll have immediate access to a PDF version of your advance directive. Free and paid versions. iOS, Android.
My Resource Search allows both insured and uninsured patients to quickly identify the community, national and charity programs that can assist in their healthcare needs. The app is for patients and health care providers. Free. iOS, Android.
Resources selected by Linda Johnsen, Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill,
Last reviewed June 14, 2019