You are here
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Sexually transmitted infections are diseases that are spread by unprotected sex with an infected person. Common types of STDs include chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, HPV, and syphilis. Symptoms can vary or go unnoticed, but your health care provider can test for these infections.
Understanding Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (MedlinePlus)
- How to Prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections (American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Planned Parenthood)
- See also HIV/AIDS (NC Health Info)
Support Groups & Forums
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.