Although we often think of STDs when we hear the term sexual health, it involves much more, including the physical and emotional relationship a person has to his or her sexuality. Sexual health can have a major impact on a person’s health and overall well-being.
- Sexual Health (MedlinePlus)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (MedlinePlus)
- Sexual Problems in Men (MedlinePlus)
- Sexual Problems in Women (MedlinePlus)
- Parents Sex Ed Center (Advocates for Youth)
- Sexual Health (Centers for Disease and Prevention)
- Sexual Health (Planned Parenthood)
- Understanding Sexual Health (American Sexual Health Association)
- Women’s Health Care Patient Education (American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists)
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy. For tips on selecting additional apps for exercise and physical activity, please review this tipsheet.
This website has series of quizzes available on mobile to help teens make sex-related decisions. Mobile web.
Resources selected by Linda Johnsen, Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill,
Last reviewed January 15, 2019