You are here
Health Care Policy
Understanding Health Care Policy
- Affordable Care Act Information (State Library of North Carolina)
- Health Policy (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
- Health Reform (National Conference of State Legislatures)
- Health Reform: Seven Things You Need to Know Now (Consumer Reports)
- Healthcare.gov (U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- Current Government News (HealthDay)
Tutorials & Videos
This short, animated movie explains the problems with the current health care system, the changes that are happening now, and the big changes happening as new laws go into place.
This video covers the basic changes in the way Americans can get health coverage and what it costs, now that major parts of the Affordable Care Act, also known as "Obamacare," have gone into effect.
North Carolina Resources
The NC Department of Insurance wants to help North Carolinians better understand their options and rights related to health insurance. If you need help finding health insurance or if you want to find out more about what the new health care law means to you, contact Health Insurance Smart NC.
Mobile Apps & Tools
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy.
The myFamily mobile experience from healthfinder.gov helps you build a health plan for your family based on the priorities of the Affordable Care Act. You can identify health priorities for each family member, put together a monthly calendar, and download your health records to share with your doctor. Free. iOS.