You are here
Exercise & Physical Fitness
Understanding Exercise & Physical Fitness
- Exercise & Physical Fitness (MedlinePlus)
- Get Active (Healthfinder.gov) [Easy-to-Read]
- Physical Activity for Everyone (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Guide to Physical Activity (National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute)
- Staying Active at Any Size (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
Support Groups & Forums
These sites allow patients to discuss their experiences with illnesses, treatments, and other health matters. Any information or opinions posted are those of the forum users themselves and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.
Mobile Apps & Tools
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy. For tips on selecting additional apps for exercise and physical activity, please review this tipsheet.
Use an anatomically correct model to identify muscles and find exercises to add to your workout. Less than $10. iOS, Android.
Use your phone's GPS to track your fitness activities. Free. iOS, Android.
Track your food and exercise with this app. Free. iOS, Android.
Explore NC State Parks and activities. Free. iOS, Android.
Build and follow workouts that include strength building, yoga, pilates, and stretching. Free. iOS, Android, Amazon.