You are here
Complementary & Alternative Therapies
Complementary and alternative therapies, sometimes called complementary and integrative medicine, are treatments that are not part of standard medicine, such as acupuncture or chiropractic. The term describes different health care practices that may be used along with, or instead of, mainstream medical treatment.
Understanding Complementary & Alternative Therapies
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (MedlinePlus)
- Mind and Body Practices (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health)
- National Council Against Health Fraud
- Natural Medicines (formerly Natural Standard)
- Relaxation Techniques for Health (National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health)
Mobile Apps & Tools
Mobile apps and tools can provide you with easy-to-use information and resources that can serve as one part of your overall strategy to become and stay healthy.
BioZen uses body sensors to capture live biofeedback data about respiratory rate, temperature, electrocardiogram, and more. Free with purchase of compatible biosensor devices. Android.
Breathe2Relax is a stress management tool which provides detailed information on the effects of stress. It includes instructions for breathing exercises. Free. iOS, Android.
Provides recommended breathing exercises to reduce stress and anxiety, manage high blood pressure, and improve mood. Less than $10. iPhone/iPad, Android.