Partners & Contributors
- Carpenter Library, Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- Chapel Hill Public Library
- Davie County Public Library
- Duke University Medical Center Library
- Forsyth County Public Library
- Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Laupus Health Sciences Library, East Carolina University
- NC AHEC Information & Library System
- NC Live
- NN/LM Southeastern/Atlantic Region
- State Library of North Carolina
NC Health Info is managed by the Health Sciences Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is the product of a collaborative effort, led by librarians from academic, medical and public libraries across the state.
NC Health Info is built by North Carolina librarians who are interested in consumer health and volunteer to serve as topic editors who find the best health and medical links to present on the site. The project has initially been funded by a grant distributed through the State Library of North Carolina.
Diana McDuffee, NC AHEC Information & Library Services Director, Health Sciences Library, UNC-Chapel Hill
Diana initiated the first proposal of NC Health Info’s “Go Local” database to the National Library of Medicine. Her proposal led to the grant that funded the project’s first feasibility studies. Based at the Health Sciences Library, Diana directs the library services to AHEC programs statewide.
Christie Silbajoris, MSLS, AHIP, NC Health Info Director
A consumer health librarian based at the Health Sciences Library at UNC-Chapel Hill, Christie has been involved with NC Health Info since its inception and continues to oversee its development. As one of the original creators of the MedlinePlus “Go Local” initiative, Christie has a long-standing involvement in promoting consumer health library services to the public. In addition to her managerial role, she supervises the evaluation, selection, and organization of NC Health Info’s resources.